Our sexual health is one of the most important elements of our whole being and natural existence, and yet one that is often shunned, ignored or found to be downright "dirty." A mentor of mine once said, "You should look at EVERY person as a sexual being!"
In my fertility practice, I constantly have patients asking about ways to bring about or keep the "spark" alive in their relationship. I think the best keywords I can come up with are:
Here are my top 20 sacred sexual secrets for any relationship:
1. Be In The Moment: Most people miss what is going on for them in the moment. Be present for the fun.
2. Make Conditions Right: Turn off the TV, get focused, feel rested and take advantage of the desire.
3. Cultivate Sexual Mindfulness: Be playful, attentive, erotic and be involved in the sensory moment.
4. Create A Sensual Atmosphere: Utilize the power of light, the scent of aromatherapy, the magic of incense and the toning of music.
5. Entice with Natural Aphrodisiacs: Nature holds the key... some sensual foods to consider could be oysters, cocoa and juicy fruits.
6. Open Your Mind: Expectations can kill the moment! Try things that empower, enlighten and return you to the magic of youthful energy.
7. Let Go of Fears: Inhibitions are useless and block who you really aspire to be. This is really the time to complete who you are. The more you let go of your fears, the more highly aroused and more deeply impacted you will be by the sexual experience.
8. Be In Tune With Your Surroundings: Feel each sensation, your breathing, your environment, your sounds, your motions. Whether you are alone or with a partner, be conscious.
9. Experience The Power of Color: Use color therapy by incorporating candles of color, lingerie, lighting or fabric in order to bring color into your environment.
10. Use Your Chakra Energies: The Chakra are stations along the central axis of your being. Each one is a point at which energy can be expressed in a certain set of actions, attitudes and emotions.
11. Rev Up Your Kundalini: This major life force energy is an ancient system originating from India that helps the student awaken and emerge their spiritual natures.
12. Give Up Control: Allow for the give and take of each other's lead. The giving up of power can be just as arousing!
13. Flow With The Rhythm: Entrainment is the tendency of two oscillating bodies to lock into phase, so that they vibrate in harmony.
14. Take Your Time: Only by exploring the erotic landscape, savoring all of the body's hot spots, can we find a road to ultimate fulfillment.
15. Express Your Joys: If it works, let your partner know. Being vocal about your pleasure may help entice your partner. If it's not, show them where it can.
16. To Release or Not To Release: Whether you're a believer in the great release of energy or simply transmuting this sexual energy through other channels, there is always pleasure through a Sacred Union.
17. Reach New Heights: Rediscover the deep interrelationship between sexuality and spirituality.
18. Sex Is The Common Denominator: Sex is the energetic healer of our mind, body, and spirit.
19. Honor Pleasure As A Divine Gift: Sex is the most honest aspect of the Universal creative life force, which electrifies every stage of our life.
20. Cultivate Pure Ecstasy: The goal of your Tantric practice is to bring high states of sexual arousal while remaining completely relaxed.