Life is forever challenging for us all. We carry pains and life’s lessons all the way through. None of us are exempt from these sharper edges. We are here to grow. The signature purpose and intention behind life’s sharper edges is to provide us that very opportunity. What might seem like and enemy will likely turn out to be the only possible thing that could have caused us enough discomfort to finally move in another direction. When we move we are forced to look inside and examine our vulnerabilities so we can bring light to what within us needs to be refined and change.
1. Accept Life on Life’s Terms: Acceptance of what is happening in our lives can be so painful that we want to come out of our skin. When things happen we do not want to happen we feel angry, we want to lash out and throw it back to the Universe for a redo. We do NOT agree. However, life requires flexibility as a way to bend us and change us. Acceptance is empowering; instead of resisting and suffering when things don’t go our way and dwelling on the disappointment, or denying that we are hurt or frustrated,we can recognize our feelings and accept them. This is the first step in getting grounded. Accepting what IS.
2. Rest: When carrying a burden becomes exhausting because we are not finding any relief in being able to put the burden down...rest. There is no rush or reward for how fast we climb. If we need to rest then rest, just don't give up and go back down to the bottom because we think we can no longer climb. We CAN climb and we WILL because whatever burden we are carrying is only here to make us stronger, wiser and to raise our value.
3. Gratitude: We must look down and be grateful for how far we have come, and remember all the blood, sweat and tears it took to get to the half way mark. Could you imagine giving up to have to start that whole process over again? This should inspire that inner determination we had as we first began this climb. Keep going or all that pain to get this far will have been for nothing.
4. Get Back to Center: If on the climb we need to stop for a minute to regenerate, recalibrate and get centered then do so. It is wasteful to worry if we cannot see an end in sight when we look up to see how far we have left to go. We have to instill action behind our faith that whatever is up there is far better than what we have left down below. We must get our thoughts gathered, dig deep and show ourselves that no matter what, nothing will knock us down. We will be our own savior standing on our own two feet.
5. Keep Pressing Forward: As we keep moving we will continue to take complete ownership of our life because we possess the qualities of tough-mindedness and perseverance. We commit to believing that what we are climbing toward will reward our every step of carrying the burden we have within. We have to love ourselves all the way to the top. Our self-control and hard-nosed belief in this climb will take us to places beyond our comprehension.
When we approach life with an overly entitled attitude that it should be easier than it is we are guaranteed to suffer. It is never easy to accept what life’s sharper edges bring because they make us feel the core of our vulnerabilities. It is easy to shrink during these times and feel victimized but when we get up and keep going regardless we will see that all of our suffering will be rewarded. Belief is the key to having a great life. If we believe there is some reason for life’s pain that is beneficial for us then we will get the lesson.
Little Life Message: Everything we want is on the other side of fear.