From the soul’s perspective all of us enter this experience of life with a “lesson plan”. Each lesson plan is unique to the individual and each of us are born with the inherent inner gifts, abilities, traits, talents and qualities that support us along life’s journey in learning those lessons.
For example, perhaps one of your lessons is about speaking up. It’s about having the courage to voice your truth or share your thoughts or speak your mind. Perhaps this looks like being an opera singer on stage in front of a large audience or maybe it’s letting your loved ones know that you no longer want to be part of the family business. You were born with the voice to sing opera and/or perhaps a deep calling to venture into a profession other than the long line of generations in your family.
Regardless of your lesson plan and regardless of your gifts, one of the life lessons we are asked to grow through will be the powerful pull of a primary group in your life (your family, co-workers or clan of any kind) to keep you where you are. It will appear as a vested interest in holding you as an integral part of the tribe. Pay attention to this clue.
Freeing oneself from the powerful pull of the tribe is where the learning lies and the lesson plan curriculum is laid forth. It’s in breaking free of this group norm, the tribe mindsets and belief systems where one must face their fears, break free of the environmental conditions, express the feelings of fear and reframe the attitudes that keep you from reaching your full potential. Breaking free of these illusory chains is how you liberate your entelechy, the fullest realized expression of who you came to this life to be.
- Acknowledge BOTH your soul and your personality. Your Soul has the keys, the gifts and the goods to shepherd you along the path towards your highest plan. This wisdom filled part of you holds a greater perspective about your life’s plan. Its intention are that you express your whole True self through the life-lessons you came here to learn. It’s your personality, your learned conditioned self, that is the part of you trapped in the framework taught through your upbringing, also known as your tribe. You recognize, knowing everyone did their best, you are so much more than what you’ve been taught – both physical and metaphysical.
- Follow the breadcrumbs: If at a young age, you played make believe that you were a singer on a stage, you idolize opera vocalists, and you’ve been secretly listening to opera music your whole life, this is life’s little hints or perhaps big clues. Take a step back and look at your life. The breadcrumbs are obvious. What do you love? What brings you joy? What activates the life force energy to animate your physical body?
- Remember This is Your Life: When you think about it, life is pretty short. Most of us spend more time posting crap on social media than we do really being intentional about designing and discovering the grand plan for our life’s unfolding. We are each here for a nanosecond. When you spend your precious life living someone else’s plan, you may arrive at the end with a great deal of remorse and regret.
- Acknowledge the Fear: Getting out of the comfort zone is not easy. Admitting we are afraid is not easy. Yet, the honesty of acknowledging your own fear shines the light of diminishing power and frees the hold over you. Fear is nothing more than the fringe of familiarity. Just because you haven’t done something before doesn’t mean there is real danger, it just means you don’t have any experience with it. Yet.
- Stay In Motion: When we feel stuck, it’s because we are standing still. We fear making the “wrong” move because we want it to all work out and go our way. The truth is, taking any little step will walk you out of where you are, perhaps revealing the next logical move that you were unable to see previously from your stagnant position. Take any action and know that staying in motion, no matter how tiny the steps, is what continually propels your life forward.
- Honor Your Expression: We get hung up wanting recognition and approval from outside forces. The tribe is designed to hold you within the framework of the tribe, because a group mentality is what holds the tribe together. Honoring that you’ve come to this life in your wholeness – with your higher self and your human self – to express your true nature through your personality. Honoring the vibrant, revealed, enthusiastic, present, aware and awake expression of you is your purpose. Honor that.
Spiritually speaking, the tribe wants you to unknot the hold and honor the true you. The pull of the tribe is an illusion held in place with our beliefs. When we follow the call of our soul, learning and growing along the way, it naturally releases the tension giving space, freedom and vibrancy to who we came here to be.
Donna Bond, M.A. is a spiritual life and business coach, author, and thought leader. After a 28-year long run as a corporate marketing executive who “had it all”, she decided to change course and get a master’s in Spiritual Psychology. Donna helps people to live with reverence by activating their entelechy - the fullest realized expression of who they came here to be, from the inside out. She and her husband, award-winning oil painter Paul Bond, live part time in Southern California and Costa Rica. You can learn more about her transformative 1:1 coaching, group classes, and workshops at www.donnabond.com.
Donna Bond, M.A. is a spiritual life and business coach, author, and thought leader. After a 28-year long run as a corporate marketing executive who “had it all”, she decided to change course and get a master’s in Spiritual Psychology. Donna helps people to live with reverence by activating their entelechy - the fullest ...
View Full Profile