By their very nature women are nurturers and tend to give out more than they receive. Women can become so focused on their careers, their husbands/boyfriends, their friends, entertaining and children that they forget themselves. When women forget themselves, they lose themselves and begin to hardly resemble the person they once were. Soul time is vitally important for women to stay connected within. If women can make soul time a part of their daily life they will have happier lives and be more fulfilled in their relationships.
5 Ways to get Soul Time:
1) Get Quiet: Soul time is quiet time. Quiet doesn’t necessarily mean without noise. It simply means quiet in terms of what brings her inner peace. A 30 to 60 minute break in a day to read, listen to music, go on facebook or do whatever she needs to do to tune out the world is her self-nurturing time.
2) Get Out: Getting out and away from people is extremely healthy. The activity which is done will be unique to each woman but getting out for a walk on the beach, making time to lie in the sun, go window shopping or take a drive can fill a woman up so she again has something to give.
3) Movement/growth: Exercise, yoga, walking, hiking, running, dancing, gardening…whatever it is that makes her feel alive and in touch with the earth, her soul and nature will instantly connect her to her life force energy within which reconnects her to herself. Being in the flow of life, birth, growth and all things related to the spirit make women, women.
4) Contemplation: Women are talkers, thinkers and analyzers. Whether we contemplate through meditation, reading, journaling, or art women are fulfilled when in the deeper recesses of life. This time is vital for inner peace and the deeper understanding women yearn for in life and love. It is intellectually stimulating, soothing and inspiring. Women are bearers of life. It is essential for women to be in contemplation of what is next for them to creatively bring into the world.
5) Rest: Women are the ultimate multi-tasker’s in today’s world. Most of women work full time in demanding careers while also raising kids and having husbands/boyfriends. It is vital that women rest their bodies, their minds and souls. More women complain of exhaustion now than ever before because of the increased opportunities and demands place upon them. They need to get enough sleep. Rest makes everything in life feel better and seem better.
Women are the great loves, leaders and nurturers but for a woman to not feel drained, exhausted and taken advantage of she must make sure she gets her time in for herself. Many women will say they simply cannot make this happen, that it is not possible. This is only true if she allows it to be. To stay healthy and happy women must be deliberate about taking time to replenish their souls. If women are in the constant race to be all and do all for others they will become empty shell s after a while. Women must be given the space to love themselves.
Little Life Message: love yourself enough to nurture yourself.
Dr. Sherrie Campbell is the author of Loving Yourself and is a licensed Psychologist with more than nineteen years of clinical training and experience. She provides practical tools to help people overcome obstacles to self-love and truly achieve an empowered life. Click here to get her free article on Five Ways to Make Love the Common Ground in Your Communication. She is a featured expert on a variety of national websites and has a successful practice in Southern California. Receive free insights from Sherrie and to be involved in her Facebook community of others looking to improve their relationship. For more information visit http://www.sherriecampbellphd.com.