In this week’s episode of Your Best Life, Karl interviews Dr. Kim D’Eramo, physician, speaker, #1 bestselling author of The MindBody Toolkit, and founder of the American Institute of Mind Body Medicine. She’s a board-certified Emergency Medicine physician and attended her residency at Emory University in Atlanta. After healing herself from a chronic auto-immune illness using mind/body medicine, Dr. D’Eramo now empowers people to use those same tools to immediately shift their body chemistry and brain activity to create wellbeing. This is a fascinating because there has been so much study in this field of health and wellness. Dr. D’Eramo conducts online groups and training programs, for both healthcare practitioners as well as the general public, to teach self-healing and to really make an awesome mind/body connection.
Key Lessons Learned:
- How Dr. D’Eramo’s fascination by how the body heals itself lead her to the area of mind/body medicine.
- Mind/body medicine is not about using your mind to try and heal your body.
- Dr. D’Eramo’s journey of looking for a deeper cause and effect.
- Find out more about the importance of the spiritual component of healing.
- What kind of changes is medicine discovering in relation to being in an emotional state of grace, joy, and love?
- Dr. D’Eramo has learned to be in a constant meditation state with herself, paying attention to her body and to her breathing.
- How has Dr. D’Eramo cracked the code to heal herself?
- Follow along with Dr. D’Eramo’s guided Instant Elevation Technique exercise.
- The reason why people have many illnesses is because they’re disconnected with their body and they’re living in their mind.
- Mind/body healing is not about rewiring your whole mind but about getting out of your head and into the harmony of your body.
- A diagnosis = a transient state that you’re in right now.
- The biggest myth in medicine according to Dr. D’Eramo.
Thank you for listening!
If you enjoyed this podcast and would like us to produce more, please click here to subscribe and leave a review in iTunes!
Links to Resources Mentioned
Dr Kim D'Eramo
Mind Body Toolkit (book)