In this week’s episode of Your Best Life, Karl interviews Dr. Jack Kruse, who is a neurosurgeon and the CEO of Optimized Life. His health and wellness-focused company is dedicated to helping patients avoid the health care burdens typically encountered as we age. Jack struggled with his weight for years and shed 133 pounds 11 months. During this episode, we learn about Jack’s startling transformation and how it defies almost everything modern medicine has told us about health, weight loss, and managing disease, including the revelation that obesity is not the result of too many calories, not enough exercise, and lazy living.
Main Questions Asked:
- How did you get into medicine, and why did you choose neurosurgery?
- Talk about your journey with weight gain and weight loss.
- Explain how the certain kinds of light you get at certain times of day are critical.
Key Lessons Learned:
The Cold Thermogenesis Protocol
- This is based on magnetism. The key is that it is about surface chemistry.
- The surfaces in humans are the critical part to the physics behind how we use energy.
- These surfaces are your eyeballs, skin, gut, and lungs.
- Anytime you pool these surfaces, you are able to absorb more purple and red light.
- Sunlight is broken into 7 colors. The most powerful part is UV, which is purple. The least powerful part is red.
- Sunlight is the key, and as an overweight man, Jack was losing energy to his environment. He had to absorb more energy than he let out.
- Anything that loses energy in the universe gets bigger, yet the belief in medicine is that people are fat because they eat too much and have too much energy. It turns out the truth is exactly opposite.
- All foods are broken down in to electrons.
- The photoelectric effect is how light hits surfaces. Light can be a light ray but also an electron.
- Anytime you get electrons from the sun or the magnetic field, you have to eat less electrons from food.
- The weight loss solution has to do with light and cold, which are two things you can’t patent and make money from.
- Light is the most critical part of weight loss. Food is the third most important thing.
- The more energetic light you can collect at the surfaces, the faster you lose weight. Diets are based on food stories.
- Obesity is not a food story; it is about how thermal dynamically capable we are in our mitochondria.
- The eye is not only a camera but is also a clock.
- Everyone looks at the eye as a color camera, but the interesting part is that it uses the middle part of the spectrum of light.
- The human eye can’t see purple and red light. The reason is that purple light is UV and red light is infrared (IRA).
- Because humans can’t see purple and red light, they use it as the main signaling light in the brain.
- From 6am to 10am the hormones in your antipituitary are turned on and only by purple and red light.
- Through optogenetics light can be shined in people’s eyes to release hormones from the pituitary gland.
What Leptin Does
- Leptin is a hormone discovered in 1993 and is essentially the ‘electron accountant’ in the brain, which is basically your thermostat.
- Leptin is the master protein in the body that controls all the other hormones in the pituitary gland.
- When you put people in artificially lit environments, you create massive changes in the hormones.
The Leptin Prescription
The Three Legged Stool
- Light - As soon as you get up in the morning, go outside and don’t stand behind contacts, glasses, or windows, and get 15-20 minutes of direct sun on your retina and skin.
- Water - Drink only spring water (non-fluoride).
- Magentism - Connect with the tectonic plates with either your shoes off or leather soles.
Thank you for listening!
If you enjoyed this podcast and would like us to produce more, please click here to subscribe and leave a review in iTunes!
Links to Resources Mentioned
The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
he Leptin Prescription
The Cold Thermogenesis Protocol
Energy and Epigenetics 4
2 click to tweet links! (Thanks for helping spread the word!)
Tweet: How did a neurosurgeon lose 133lbs in 11 months? Find out w/ @drjackkruse @wellnessgroup http://www.wellness.com/jackkruse
Tweet: What is the Leptin Prescription? Find out w/ @drjackkruse @wellnessgroup http://www.wellness.com/jackkruse