In this week’s episode of Your Best Life, Karl interviews Lisa Lieberman Wang, who is the author of the number one international bestselling book Fine to Fab. Lisa is also the creator of the cutting edge science of Neuro Associative Programming (NAP), which helps people achieve emotional healing in a short period thus avoiding years of therapy. Lisa has helped thousands of people overcome life-long challenges such as depression, anxiety, stress, self-sabotage, emotional eating, sexual abuse, and co-dependency. During this episode, Karl and Lisa discuss perfectionism, engagement avoidance, the being and doing, society and inadequacies, and the 7 Secrets to Fab.
Key Lessons Learned:
- 55% of our beliefs and values are formed by the time we are 5 years old by well-meaning guardians and parents.
- Beliefs are the lies we tell ourselves, as they can never be proven.
- Self-fulfilling prophecies are when you believe something will happen, and it does.
- How often do we tell ourselves ‘stories’ about things that we don’t even know are true?
- The idea of perfectionism is that if we are perfect, we aren’t subject to being vulnerable, ridiculed, or judged.
- Wanting to be perfect is about wanting to avoid confrontation that causes shame.
- Vulnerable moments are the ones that help us to really connect with people.
Society & Inadequacies
- There is a trillion dollar industry of people telling us all the ways we are inadequate.
- In this generation, children as young as 8 years old think they need to be on a diet.
- Less than 2% of people look like the ‘models’ we are shown in society through media.
- In the US, 25 million people a year go to the doctor with depression, and 90% get an antidepressant prescription.
Being and Doing
- Somewhere between birth and adulthood we forget we are already winners just for being alive. The odds were stacked against us to exist, and we have already won.
- Shame, guilt, and expectations are put on children, and they change from garnering happiness from ‘being.’
- Once we are out of childhood, life becomes about ‘doing’ and not simply ‘being.’
- This generation has become particularly apt at avoiding direct engagement with others.
- People get caught up in food, alcohol, shopping, and social media just to avoid engagement.
- The Dickens Exercise made famous by Tony Robbins is about looking at yourself over the next 10-20 years and asking yourself what would happen if you continue on the same path.
The 7 Secrets to Fab
- Acknowledge fear and doubt.
- Take inventory of life’s lessons and beliefs.
- Break through toxic meanings and emotions.
- Break through the trance into a present state (don’t live in the past or the future
- Uncover unconscious patterns and behaviors.
- Stop waiting for perfection (paralysis analysis).
- Make peace, practice gratitude, and celebrate.
Making Peace & Loving Yourself
- You will not be nice and give love to a person you don’t like.
- If you don’t make peace with yourself right now, you won’t make the right choices for yourself.
- Love yourself in the state you are in right now, and you will make better choices for yourself.
Positive Mind Programming
- We've spent decades ‘programming’ ourselves to do what isn’t good. Why not program ourselves to do what is good?
- Our body hears everything we say and subconsciously gives back what we put into it.
- It takes 20 positive comments to counteract one negative comment we tell ourselves.
- Absent positive programming, your mind will take anything in that is around it.
Neuro Associative Programming (NAP)
- This is about reprogramming ourselves on a conscious level.
- 80% of our actions are unconscious.
- Our mind works in 10-minute increments, so NAP is all about working on the unconscious and bringing it into the conscious.
- NAP is done through meditation, hypnosis, conditioning, and reprogramming.
- The tools are something clients can use themselves to interrupt and correcting patterns to change responses instead of reactions.
- Happ: Be happy with who you are.
- Healthy: Mind, body, and soul, and free from bondage of being something for someone else.
- FLY: First. Love. Yourself.
Thank you for listening!
If you enjoyed this podcast and would like us to produce more, please click here to subscribe and leave a review in iTunes!
Links to Resources Mentioned
Lisa Liberman Wang
Fine to Fab
7 Secrets to Fab
2 click to tweet links! (Thanks for helping spread the word!)
Tweet: What are the 7 Secrets to Fab? Find out w/ @lliebermanwang @wellnessgroup http://www.Wellness.com/fab
Tweet: What is NAP and how can it change your life? Find out w/ @lliebermanwang @wellnessgroup http://www.Wellness.com/fab