CoolGlide® CV Laser Hair Removal
The CoolGlide CV laser was the first 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser cleared by the FDA to permanently reduce hair in patients of all skin types (I-VI), those who are tanned or tanning and patients who suffer from Psuedo-Folliculitis Barbae (PFB). While some technologies require the suspension of treatments during the summer months, the CoolGlide laser may be used year-round.
About the 1064 nm Wavelength
The 1064 nm wavelength was initially controversial amongst laser users. One reason was confusion about the use of a longer wavelength with weaker absorption by melanin. But it is important to remember that melanin, the target chromophore for hair, is also contained in the epidermis. By using a longer wavelength with the right parameters, the hair bulb is reached and the wavelength bypasses the epidermal melanin thereby offering protection to the outer skin. With Cutera's ability to provide the required combination of pulse width, spot size and fluence, excellent results can be obtained on patients with all skin types.
Advantages of CoolGlide CV Laser Technology
- 1064 nm wavelength with the 10 mm spot size provides the penetration depth to reach the hair bulb and bulge targets.
- Large 10 mm spot size is ideal for large or small areas.
- Pulse durations are long enough to spare the epidermis but short enough to efficiently heat the hair.
- Unique and proprietary power supply allows optimization of pulse width,fluence and repetition rate across the full parameter range. Other 1064nm lasers sacrifice one of these parameters, limiting clinical efficacy or speed.
- Gold-plated copper cooling offers more than ten times the thermal conductivity of the sapphire windows (most common method of cooling), thereby providing the most efficient method of removing heat from the skin.
ProWave 770™ Hair Removal with Infrared Programmable Wavelengths
Laser hair removal technology has progressed over time from shorter to longer wavelengths as practitioners successively adopted alexandrite, diode and Nd:YAG lasers. This movement was driven by the advantages of deeper penetration and a better epidermal safety profile.
The ProWave 770 technology allows practitioners wavelength flexibility - the ability to select the optimal wavelength distribution for hair removal in different skin type patients. By controlling the current density, both the wavelength and pulse width are tailored to optimize hair removal efficacy for skin types I-V using a single handpiece.
The ProWave 770 Advantage
- Designed and customized for skin types I-V
- Fast treatment speed; treat an average-sized back in 15 minutes
- Simple, intuitive operation - select from program A, B or C for safe and efficacious treatments
Cutera's goal is to give customers treatment choices. This is why we developed the first infrared programmable wavelength device for hair removal.
About the ProWave
The ProWave contains two groundbreaking innovations. First due to the custom design, the ProWave emits mostly infrared light above 770 nm, wavelengths recognized as the most versatile for hair removal. The second innovation is the output spectrum that can be shifted to optimize treatment for each patient. Three distinct programs tailor the wavelength and pulse width to optimize performance and efficacy for each patient.
- Program A: Shortest wavelengths & pulse widths
- Program B: Mid-range wavelength & pulse widths
- Program C: Longest wavelength & pulse widths
Advantages of ProWave Technology
- Infrared wavelengths: recognized as the most versatile wavelengths for hair removal.
- Wavelength flexibility: by controlling the current density, both the wavelength and pulse width are tailored to optimize hair removal efficacy for skin types I-V using a single handpiece.
- Economically friendly: cost efficient addition to your range of services.
- Fast treatment speed: an average back can be treated in 20 minutes and both legs in 15 minutes.
- No numbing cream or gel required: Increasing patient comfort and decreasing set-up and clean-up time.
Versatile Long Pulse Nd: YAG
For permanent hair reduction, skin rejuvenation and vascular conditions, Cutera has created a long-pulse 1064 nm laser that represents several clinical firsts.
The 1064 nm Nd:YAG Advantage
- First laser for permanent hair reduction on all skin types, including tanned skin
- First for treatment of pseudofolliculitis barbae, year-round
- Patent-pending microsecond technology for gentle skin rejuvenation to improve texture and fine lines and decrease pore size
- Effective treatment of a wide range of vascular conditions, including leg veins
Cynosure's Elite Aesthetic Workstation is the most comprehensive hair removal system available today - allowing you to treat the broadest range of clients, regardless of skin type. In addition, the system is optimized for effective treatment of facial and leg veins, as well as benign epidermal pigmented lesions.
The Elite removes unwanted hair with unsurpassed efficacy and client comfort. That's because its revolutionary technology combines two optimal wavelengths in one system: the 755-nm Alexandrite laser and the 1064-nm Nd:YAG laser.
Since you can switch between wavelengths during a single procedure, you can select the most appropriate laser for any given hair or skin type. You can also perform multiple procedures on the same client during the same visit. As such, you won't have to compromise performance capabilities - and you won't have to purchase two separate systems to ensure both optimal results and client safety. What's more, you'll be able to administer treatments in significantly less time than with a single-wavelength product.
Disclaimer: References or links to other sites from Wellness.com does not constitute recommendation or endorsement by Wellness.com. We
bear no responsibility for the content of websites other than Wellness.com.
- The 755-nm wavelength has high melanin absorption characteristics and proven long-term results for permanent hair reduction and pigmented lesion removal.
- The high-powered 1064-nm Nd:YAG is the safest wavelength for permanent hair reduction on darker skin types and tanned skin. It is also the wavelength of choice for treatment of facial and leg veins - the most common form of vascular lesions.
- The Elite delivers high fluence from large spot sizes-ensuring deeper penetration, faster treatment sessions and optimal results.
- By enabling you to safely and effectively perform multiple applications, the Elite helps increase your client throughput resulting in a more productive and profitable practice.
- Unlike equipment with predetermined parameters, the Elite includes a variety of spot sizes and adjustable pulse durations - allowing you to customize treatments - to accommodate your clients' specific needs.