Are you looking for a therapist who aligns herself with you in genuine relationship? Someone who seeks to empower you to process life events and to encourage you in your own process of meaning making? Megan can help.
Each counselor has a unique way of approaching his or her work. Megan obtains some core beliefs that inform her therapeutic approach.
- EVERY human has the FULL potential to live a whole and healthy life- however this may uniquely manifest itself.
- Change IS possible, and healing can occur.
- Genuine connection with another human has the potential to foster growth & further self-understanding and self-compassion.
- Spirituality can be a positive force of hope, as well as a way to learn more about ourselves. It does not have to be oppressive or harsh; instead, it has the potential to promote healing and to be helpful in the therapeutic process. Megan's therapy is not directed by one particular religious affiliation; She is passionate about joining individuals along their personal spiritual journey.
- Therapy is one of the many possible spaces that we can become more conscious, and therefore, more alive. Megan seeks to help people find other spaces where this may become possible as well.
- Therapy should be a warm, sacred, and safe space to approach any and ALL issues without judgment.
Years In Practice9
EducationMercer Education- Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
McAfee School of Theology- Masters of Divinity
Belmont University - Bachelor of Arts
Training2 units of Clinical Pastoral Education (spiritual development and chaplaincy training)
AffiliationsAmerican Counseling Association, Psychology Today, Chi Sigma Iota
Payment OptionsCash, check and all major credit cards accepted for payment. Payment is due each session and can be paid in advance each month.
ServicesMegan has a Master's degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling & a Masters of Divinity from Mercer University. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor (License #APC003609) in the state of Georgia.
Megan enjoys working with teenagers, adults, couples, and groups & helping individuals express & explore any and all beliefs, challenges, and questions.
Megan's specializations include:
- Spiritual exploration of any form with all populations - Eating Disorders - Women's issues related to disordered eating, body image, life transitions, and relationships - Depression - Anxiety - Grief and loss - Adolescent issues around body image, sexual identity, relationships, and bullying
*While Megan holds a particular interest in the above issues, she enjoys maintaining a diverse practice and welcomes your inquiries and questions.* Additional ServicesWomen's Issues, Eating Disorders, Spirituality, Pre-teen & Teenage Issues
Wellness.com does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment nor do we verify or endorse any specific business or professional
listed on the site. Wellness.com does not verify the accuracy or efficacy of user generated content, reviews, ratings or any published