Mary Eldridge, M.D.
Lipid Specialists, S.C.
1400 75th Street
Kenosha, WI 53143
Mary Eldridge, M.D.
Mary Eldridge, M.D., practices clinical lipidology and evidence-based integrative medicine. She uses research evidence, clinical expertise, your experience and values as a patient, and clinical investigations (labs and imaging) to design a comprehensive, personalized plan for preventing and treating chronic conditions. She has a special interest in helping patients live a low-carb, low LDL-particle number lifestyle. Additionally, she treats patients with atherosclerotic disease (heart attacks, strokes) and familial hypercholesterolemia (FH) who have statin intolerance.
Dr. Eldridge graduated magna cum laude from the University of Notre Dame with a B.S. in Science Preprofessional Studies. She earned her medical degree (M.D.) at the Medical College of Wisconsin, and she was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. After training at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City, she returned to her hometown of Kenosha, Wisconsin, to open a direct-pay medical practice.
Dr. Eldridge's practice is located in the same building where her grandfather, Paul A. Capelli, M.D., practiced Obstetrics & Gynecology starting in 1964. She is down the hall from the office where her father E. John Eldridge, M.D., has practiced ophthalmology for over 30 years. Dr. Eldridge earned a post-baccalaureate teaching certification at the University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee in Biology, Chemistry, and Broad Field Science. She has two years of experience as a high school science teacher. The Wisconsin Society of Science Teachers (WSST) awarded her the 2018 Frank Zuerner New Science Teacher Scholarship, an award given to an outstanding science educator who is in his or her first three years of teaching.
Dr. Eldridge uses her experience as a teacher to help patients understand their medical conditions and evidence-based options for treatment. Additionally, she offers workshops and seminars about topics in lipidology and integrative medicine.
Lipid Specialists, S.C., located in Wisconn Valley, is a direct-pay (cash or credit) micropractice for the prevention and management of dyslipidemia, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, tobacco dependence, and obesity. It is time to take back control of your life, and we want to help you. We provide you with access to the recommended testing and treatments that you need and deserve.
Through Best Life Wisconsin, our health and lifestyle program, we use a personalized regimen to control and/or eliminate modifiable risk factors. Consultation and medical management services are specific to managing and reducing cardiovascular risk factors and enhancing patient lifestyles using comprehensive, personalized plans.
Complex medical problems, especially those that put you at risk for cardiovascular disease, may require more time than one primary care provider can offer during a typical office appointment.
Dr. Eldridge will work with your regular physician as part of a team. She will contribute to your wellness by combining education, personalized services, and specialized testing as needed. Meanwhile, your primary care physician will be able to focus on your other health concerns during their appointments with you. Having both a specialist and a primary care provider will ensure that all of your medical needs are met to the fullest extent in a coordinated manner.
Self-referrals are welcome.
University of Notre Dame (B.S.); Medical College of Wisconsin (M.D., Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society)
Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York.
As a specialist, Dr. Eldridge acts as an outpatient consultant only.
All patients of Lipid Specialists, S.C. will be evaluated and directly cared for by a Medical Doctor (M.D.) at every visit.
Dr. Mary Eldridge has a cash-only medical practice where she delivers old-fashioned, personalized patient care in conjunction with evidence-based medicine so that you can feel your best now & decrease your risk of disease in the future. Evidence-based medicine is "a systematic approach to clinical problem-solving which allows the integration of the best available research evidence with clinical expertise & patient values."
During a consultation, Dr. Eldridge listens to you & works with you to develop your Best Life Wisconsin™ SELF Program, integrating personalized recommendations in each of the following four dimensions:
Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction
Non-pharmacologic weight management
Fitness tracker data analysis
Dr. Eldridge provides these services in-office. Referrals to physician specialists are made as needed. Presentations for community groups, businesses, schools, professional groups, and meetings can be arranged upon request.
More than ever, it is time to merge the days of old-fashioned patient care with cutting-edge science, technology, & research. Direct-pay practices are a new type of practice, based on the founding principles of a genuine doctor-patient relationship. At Lipid Specialists, S.C., Dr. Eldridge cuts the red tape and provides affordable, integrative, evidence-based healthcare that is guided by your needs and goals.
Dr. Eldridge does not submit claims to any Health Insurance Plans, including Medicare or Medicaid. Payment is due when you check-in at the reception desk. The cost is based on the amount of time you are seen by Dr. Eldridge. While the first appointments require two hours, you will be notified of how long future appointments will require after speaking with and being examined by the doctor.
You should visit an integrative MD if you . . .
* Want a doctor who takes an integrative approach to your health that provides lifestyle, nutrition, fitness, and mind-body recommendations
* Have complicated medical problems and are interested in reducing medications, avoiding side-effects or supplementing care
* Have not achieved full relief of symptoms in the past
* Seek a preventative, holistic approach to health
* Have an interest in preventing hereditary conditions
You should see a lipidologist if you . . .
* Have a personal or family history of premature heart disease, strokes, diabetes, or kidney disease
* Are struggling with your weight
* Have a history of muscle pain or memory problems while on cholesterol medications
* Smoke tobacco or recently quit
* Take multiple lipid-controlling medications
* Have uncontrolled high blood pressure
* Need advanced lipid testing
* Are a young patient or premenopausal woman with elevated cholesterol needing pharmacological therapy
* Desire a preventive approach to medicine
* Have an autoimmune disorder
* Have diabetes or "prediabetes"
* Have high triglycerides
* Have metabolic syndrome
* Have a genetic disorder of cholesterol metabolism
* Have low or very high HDL cholesterol
* Want a re-evaluation of your medications
* Are a woman with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
* Have had a heart attack and would like to decrease your risk of having another
* Have abnormal cholesterol, high blood pressure, or elevated blood sugars and want to learn more about your disease
You should become a patient at a direct pay (cash only) medical practice if you . . .
* Want longer visits with your M.D.
* Have insurance but it has a high deductable
* Want to work directly with your physician without the government or insurance company in the exam room
* Want affordable medical care
When you become a patient at Lipid Specialists, S.C., Dr. Eldridge empowers you to take an active role in achieving wellness. She wants to make sure that you are up-to-date on the current testing, imaging, and treatment recommendations.
Please don't wait another day to change the rest of your life.
Lipidology; Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease Prevention and Management; Integrative Medicine