ServicesFamily Chiropractic Center practices at 114 S College Ave,Suite A, Fayetteville, AR 72701. Chiropractors diagnose and treat common spinal misalignments that can occur from lifestyle or injuries causing pain, discomfort and degenerative conditions.
Family Chiropractic Center may be able to treat; back pain, sciatica, neck pain, shoulder pain, headaches, sports injuries, and auto accident injuries.
To learn more, or to make an appointment with Family Chiropractic Center in Fayetteville, AR, please call (479) 442-0676 for more information.Additional ServicesChiropractors, Chiropractic Treatment for Injuries, Pain Management, Pediatric Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, Auto Accidents, Personal Injury
TL:DR / THE SUMMARY - I'm a 100% satisfied client of Dr. Myshka. I travel 300+ miles to see him; totally worth it. I feel and function FAR better after being treated by Myshka. He is caring, cheerful, and professional, and his staff is too. I highly recommend Family Chiropractic Center - no reservations. Please scroll to the bottom and read "reason #1" for info about my remarkable and consistent improvement under Dr. Myshka's care. * * * THE REVIEW
My long, exhaustive search for alternative treatment to a disabling, highly painful 14-year-old back problem led me to Dr. James Myshka (chiropractor extraordinaire) at Family Chiropractic Center in Fayetteville, AR. I am not especially fond of doctors; I don't trust them, because most of them treat patients like they are an inconvenience and because most docs treat symptoms of health problems, not the actual cause of the problem. Dr. Myshka treats the cause, and he is dedicated enough to hunt it down if it's not readily apparent. Who else does that these days, my friend? Precious few...
Here are the top 10 reasons I patronize Dr. Myshka's practice. Oh, and I travel from Dallas, TX to Fayetteville, AR (over 300 miles/5 hours each way – well worth it!) to be treated by him and his amazing staff:
10. HE DOESN'T BREAK MY BANK - Treatment fees are reasonable and exceptionally fair.
9. THEY TAKE MY INSURANCE - Family Chiropractic Center accepts my insurance – one that is often refused by other medical offices.
8. GREAT STAFF - The carefully-chosen staff is friendly and helpful and is clearly working together as a well-oiled machine. They are always quick to address my concerns, and they do what they say they will do. No, seriously – they do!
7. THE DOC IS HIGHLY TRAINED - Dr. Myshka has an unusually high level of training. He is a Gonstead Fellow and Diplomat – kind of like a medical doctor enduring several more years of brutal training to specialize in a particular field (say, brain surgery, for example).
6. FREE STUFF THEY OFFER - The free, after-hours courses Dr. Myshka offers to help us patients learn how our bodies work, how to care for our bodies better, and remain injury/pain free are terrific. I have a strong medical background and still learned a TON of useful, practical info!
5. NO ANNOYING SALES PITCHES OR GUILT TRIPS - The fact that Dr. Myshka and his staff never once tried to hound or guilt me into purchasing more sessions, more products, more anything was a massive bonus for me. Seriously – I DESPISE chiros who do that and have intentionally steered clear of the entire world of chiropractic until I found Family Chiropractic Center!
4. ON-TIME APPOINTMENTS - Patients are seen quickly and on time. Usually, I am in the waiting room less than five minutes. Not even joking. They were super-busy once, and I think I waited maaaaaaybe ten minutes that day.
3. CLEAR COMMUNICATION - Dr. Myshka takes the time to explain his treatments, his approach to my care, and get this – he does it in plain English that isn't condescending or insulting to my intelligence.
2. DR. MYSHKA REALLY LISTENS - Dr. Myshka actually listens to me when I tell him what's going on with my body, and he truly seems to care about helping me feel and function better. And when I asked him not to repeat an especially painful adjustment that did not appear to me to be helpful, he didn't argue or tell me to tough it out, he changed his approach immediately. And when his treatment produced unexpectedly good results (that is to say that *I* didn't expect the unexpected. I think the doctor expected miracles, but that's just how he is. No joke.), Dr. Myshka and his staff were grinning just as hard and just as big as I was.
1. AMAZING RESULTS & *HUGE* REDUCTION IN PAIN - The first time I walked into Family Chiropractic Center, I was in excruciating pain, relying heavily on a cane for support, limping profoundly, my toes pointed inward as I walked, and my back was bent forward about 30 degrees. After a series of intensive treatments over the period of a few days, I went back to Texas with about 90% LESS pain, only using my cane for balance (one of my legs doesn't work well due to permanent nerve damage), 95% less limp, my toes pointing 100% forward, and a scant 5 degrees away from walking perfectly upright.
Note that it has been a couple of months since my last treatment. I have followed Dr. Myshka's advise about how to rehab and care for my body, and as long as I follow his simple recommendations, I continue to see improvement.
I cannot recommend Dr. Myshka highly enough. I cannot imagine how miserable my life would be had he not helped me.
THANK YOU, DR. JAMES MYSHKA!!! You truly worked a miracle for me.
I've been going to the same chiropractor for 12 years following an auto accident in 2000. The shoulder and neck pain from the accident never totally went away, so for 12 years I have had more painfully uncomfortable days than not. Through a strange turn of events it became clear a second opinion might be wise. Especially after I met Dr. Myshka. I should also mention that I am a fitness fanatic and have seldom missed a workout in the past 15 years. I bring this up because my trainers also said there is something going on with my hips. So imagine my surprise when Dr. Myshka but the films on the screen for me to see and even I could see that my hips were tilted and my spine had an abnormal curve, scoliosis! Dr. Myshka immediately explained his six-week plan and went to work. By the second week I had no more pain in my shoulders and neck. He also gave me a lift to wear in my right shoe the second week, (which I accepted reluctantly) because apparently my right leg is considerably shorter. It was a bit strange at first but now I'm wishing I'd had it long ago. This week (4/19/13) marks the end of the sixth week, I'm amazed how everything has changed. No more shoulder and neck pain at all! No more trap pain and all which is something that had become quite annoying! The difference in movement between my right and left shoulder and the ability to move the same is finally coming together. The strength is balancing as it had become lopsided. No more knots in my back across my shoulder blades which is something I have been plagued with for quite some time. I could not be more pleased with what Dr. Myshka has done for me and for enlightening me with what was really going on. I must admit I was beginning to think that age was catching up with me and I was losing it before he started working with me. Turns out I wasn't losing anything, I was just misaligned. And now that I'm not I cannot believe how great everything feels, and I'm actually getting stronger again!
Wellness.com does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment nor do we verify or endorse any specific business or professional
listed on the site. Wellness.com does not verify the accuracy or efficacy of user generated content, reviews, ratings or any published