Dr. Chantal Marie Gagnon, Ph. D., LMHC

Dr. Chantal Marie Gagnon, Ph. D., LMHC
301 NW 84 Ave Suite 208 Plantation, FL 33324

Dr. Chantal Marie Gagnon, Ph. D., LMHC

About Dr. Chantal Marie Gagnon, Ph.D., LMHC

Licensed Psychotherapist

Dr. Gagnon is a licensed psychotherapist and is board certified in professional counseling. She hold a Doctorate in Social and Personality Psychology, a Masters in Mental Health Counseling, and a Masters in Child Development. She is also a Certified Addictions Professional (CAP) and a Substance Abuse Professional (SAP).

Dr. Gagnon offers psychotherapy, marriage counseling, and child therapy services to clients in South Florida. She offers Life Coaching, Marriage and Relationship Coaching, and Dating Coaching services to individuals nationally and internationally via phone, online chat, webcam, and in-person (for local clients).

Her office also provides a wide range of mental health and psychological evaluations.

To learn more about Dr. Gagnon, and the services she offers, please visit www.LifeCounselor.net

You can also check out Dr. Gagnon's videos on YouTube at: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL67z7xvtL9_92TMx9SGHJg

Primary Specialty


Gender Female
Education Masters Degree in Mental Health Counseling

Masters Degree in Child Development

Doctorate in Social and Personality Psychology

Certified Addictions Professional
Office Staff Dr. Chantal Gagnon, Ph.D., LMHC
Payment Options Credit Card, Debit Card, Cash, Check, Some Insurance Plans

Why Therapy/Counseling?
Sometimes, life can get a little overwhelming. Whether it’s stress at work, problems at home, or you just haven’t been feeling like yourself, counseling can help. Counseling can help you cope with and resolve many different kinds of problems. Counseling can also help you learn about yourself, help you make difficult decisions, and improve your quality of life and overall health.

Are you living your best life? Is there a habit you’d like to break? A problem you’d like to solve? An area of your life you’d like to improve? That’s what therapy is all about! Together, we can get you back on the road to wellness, and help you maximize your potential!

Individual Therapy
Individual counseling facilitates the exploration and resolution of personal problems and issues according to the specific needs of the individual. Individual sessions provide you with a personalized and completely private therapeutic experience. Your counselor will evaluate your situation and utilize the best approach to reduce your symptoms, resolve your problems, improve your emotional well-being, and increase the quality of your life.

Some of the issues often addressed in individual counseling are:

Mood Disorders
Fears, Panic, and Worry
Relationship Issues
Parenting Issues
Sexual Abuse and Trauma
Divorce and Life Transitions
Domestic Violence
Combat Stress / PTSD
Substance Abuse / Addictions
Sexuality Issues
Dealing with Illness or Infertility
Grief / Loss
Job Stress
Personal Growth

Does Therapy Really Work?
In a survey by Consumer Reports Magazine, the majority of people who sought mental health treatment reported significant improvement in their problems. Other studies have found that people who participate in psychotherapy are more likely to get better than 80% of the people who do not seek therapy. In other words, without therapy, the likelihood of improvement is 20%, whereas with therapy, it is 80%. And, more recently, neuroscience research has demonstrated that changes in the neural structure of the brain can take place as a result of psychotherapy, and that these changes can support lasting improvement in emotions and behavior.

What About Medication?
Medication can be an important part of treatment in some cases, but not everyone benefits from medication. Even for individuals for whom medication is helpful, research shows that combining medication with psychotherapy is more effective than medication alone. Dr. Gagnon generally advises her patients to see her for an initial evaluation where together with the patient she can determine what will likely be the most beneficial approach. If a medication evaluation would be helpful, Dr. Gagnon refers to several qualified psychiatrists in the area whom she believes have a high level of clinical competence.
I don’t have a mental illness and I feel generally good.

Do I need therapy?
Therapy is not just for mental illness. It’s for lots of stuff, like coping with a breakup or job loss, learning how you come across to others and improving your social skills, overcoming your fear of public speaking, getting unstuck and out of a rut, learning more about yourself, and improving your relationships. Give it a try! You might actually really like it!


One of Dr. Gagnon’s specialities is relationship coaching and counseling. Dr. Gagnon offers a variety of services to help you improve your love relationship!
Marriage Counseling

Marriage is tough! That’s just the reality of it. But, when done correctly, marriage can be an amazing and fulfilling journey. It is within everyone’s reach to create and maintain a happy marriage for a lifetime. The problem is, most of us really have no idea how to do that. (or sometimes we have an idea, but it’s not enough!). Other times, a once-happy marriage can get off course and find itself in stormy waters. That’s where marriage counseling comes in. Through counseling, you will learn how to improve your marriage, resolve conflict, communicate more effectively, increase your closeness and intimacy, and feel happiness and satisfaction in your relationship.

Relationship Coaching

Whether your relationship is new, or you have been together for years, relationship coaching sessions can help you make your relationship better. You’ll learn how to understand each other better, and communicate so that you are really heard. You’ll develop skills to resolve conflicts in a healthy, productive manner and find more areas of agreement and compromise. Relationship coaching can also teach you how to show your love in ways that matter, and in return get the love you want from your partner.
Additional Services Marriage Counseling
Consumer Feedback
Add a Review
There are no recent reviews. Be the first!