Glenpool Health Care Center

Glenpool Health Care Center
Glenpool Health Care Center 1700 E 141st St Glenpool, OK 74033

Glenpool Health Care Center

Glenpool Health Care Center is a Nursing Home facility at 1700 E 141st St in Glenpool, OK.
Primary Specialty

Nursing Home

Services Glenpool Health Care Center provides extended-stay nursing care to seniors with varying levels of disabilities in Glenpool, OK.

Please call Glenpool Health Care Center at (918) 291-4230 for more information or to schedule an on-site visit.
Consumer Feedback
(5 Reviews)
View All 5 Reviews Add a Review
Recent Reviews
I am friend of someone who was sent to Glennwood after a surgery and the care was horrible....Medications were not administered and/or were not administered as prescribed. They advertise meals and snacks all throughout the day and meals were not as ordered by the patients, were served cold and trays were picked up before the patients had completed their meals and snacks were never offered. The rooms were not cleaned daily and patients were allowed to lay in dirty beds if an accident occurred. The Staff and Management were hateful to the residents and family & friends of the patients and even intimidating to the patients by telling them should not ask for their medications else they could get in trouble. Do Not consider allowing your loved to stay at this place. They should be closed down.
Please, please do not take your loved one to this facility. My mom was being released from the hospital to "recover" in a skilled nursing facility. We chose Glenpool Heath Center because it was convenient to my home. They started out poorly, by forgetting to take an oxygen tank with them to pick her up at the hospital. This is after being reminded by both the hospital and my dad that she would need one. When she arrived, she was walking with help and had control of her bladder and bowels. She was supposed to have 3 physical therapy sessions per day to help strengthen her muscles from being in bed for so long. By the second day, she had not had a therapy session and was uable to get out of bed. I was told by the night nurse that she was having trouble sleeping and cried the whole night. On the second day, my mom said it took a very long time when she would get her breathing treatment. So, during her next treatment, I noticed that the medicine was not going down, therefore, not getting to her lungs. I told the nurse, who said it just takes awhile. After 45 minutes it still had not gone down, so again I told the nurse. She changed the machine and the next treatment took the normal 15 minutes. This means that for two days, my mom was not getting the medicine she needed to help her breath. I also told every nurse I saw, that she was not eating well and asked them all for some type of supplement or "Boost" type of product. They would bring her a meal, then an hour later come pick up the tray and not even notice that she had not eaten. I finally purchased some Boost juice that she would drink. By the second day, she could no longer get out of bed without help and could not control her bladder or bowels. She commented once that the nurse "got mad at her" for messing the bed. But, she had rung the call button and it took the attendant 20 minutes to arrive. She couldn't hold it that long. At this point, I could tell she was getting worse and talked to the head nurse. She assured me that this was normal and most patients got worse before they started to improve. For 4 days, I watched my mom continue to get worse. Nobody checked on her wellbing except to give her pills and take her blood pressure. I had to brush her teeth, wash her hair and had to help her with the bedpan. She arrived at the facility on November 25th and didn't see the resident doctor until the 30th. I realize this was during the Thanksgiving break. But, you would think that the doctor would make a point of seeing a new patient. The evening of Nov 30th, I made my last visit for the day. My mom was asleep and the nurse was taking her vital signs. She could not get a good oxygen reading and assumed it was her machine malfunctioning, even though she tested it on me and it was fine. My mom was breathing through her mouth, which meant she wasn't getting the oxyen that was going into her nose. So, I asked the nurse if there was some way to force the oxygen into her mouth. She said, "no". The next morning, I arrived at 6:30 and my mom was not breathing. She had passed in the night.
Recent Polls
Did this provider answer all of your questions?
None of my questions were answered
Was this provider's staff friendly?
No, they were rude
Did you leave the office feeling satisfied with your visit?
No, I left with more problems than I came with!
Was this provider's office easy to locate?
Fairly Easy
Did this provider answer all of your questions?
Every question I had was answered thoroughly
Add a Review