In this week’s episode of Your Best Life, Karl interviews Dean Graziosi, who is a true example of what focused mindset and process do for success. Dean, author of multiple New York Times bestsellers, talks with Karl about change, failure and fear, focusing on your strengths, outsourcing your weaknesses, and tips on how to get confidence to overflow in your life.
- What activity led you to be most successful and gave you the most return for your time and effort?
Key Lessons Learned:
- Change is hard, and so many of us go through life smiling on the outside and having amazing accomplishments, but know that there is more, and live with the burden of untapped potential.
- Those who have had the biggest changes are able to use the past as fuel for the future.
- Along your journey, you create foundational pieces that you don’t realize at the time.
- Knowledge becomes wisdom after you go through the process of change, regardless of whether you win or lose.
- Life happens ‘for’ us, not ‘to’ us. Use it as a notion, as a springboard, and not a crutch.
Failure & Fear
- We are taught that we need to level up in life and that there are minimum thresholds everyone needs to have.
- In life we often hold the baggage of what we aren’t good at, then are afraid to do everything.
- Let go of the concept of what it takes to be successful.
- When we have a belief in ourselves, we will no longer be afraid to fail.
- Today's economy is set up for those who know what they do well, and opportunities to connect with partners present themselves.
Focus On Your Strengths
- The biggest lie we are ever told in school is to work on our weaknesses.
- Work on your strengths and forget about your weaknesses.
- Get amazing at what you’re good at and pay someone else to do what you’re not good at.
Outsource your Weaknesses
- If you do things that don’t support you and are difficult, this will sap your energy. You will get pain and then compensate in bad ways, whether that be food or addiction.
- It is so important to understand who we are and what we do so we can be, and deliver, our best selves to the world.
Beliefs & Habits
- Sometimes we have habits that are a hypnotic rhythm where we react to people and situations.
- Certain habits and thoughts may have gotten you where you are now but won’t take you to the next level.
- Remember that your distractions are not your destiny.
Dean’s Top Tips
- Start finding places that make you feel good and do things you are already great at. The confidence from this will overflow into your life.
- Take a mental note of the thoughts, patterns, and beliefs you have for a full week and analyze them, then figure out which ones are disempowering you and holding you back.
Thank you for listening!
If you enjoyed this podcast and would like us to produce more, please click here to subscribe and leave a review in iTunes!
Links to Resources Mentioned
Totally Fulfilled (book)
2 click to tweet links! (Thanks for helping spread the word!)
Tweet: Should you strengthen your weaknesses or focus on your strengths? Find out w/ @deangraziosi @wellnessgroup
Tweet: What is the best way to break a pattern and habit? Find out w/ @deangraziosi @wellnessgroup