ServicesHarry Huang, MD practices in Bethesda, MD. Ophthalmologists examine and treat common vision disorders, eye injuries and eye diseases. Ophthalmologists such as Harry Huang, MD are licensed medical doctors and can prescribe medication as well as perform eye surgery.
To determine if Harry Huang, MD can help you, please call the Bethesda, MD office at (301) 656-4422 for more information.
I was referred by a friend of mine recently to have a routine eye examination, but I must say I regret coming here.
Here are my reviews in the order of the office flow:
1. Front Desk Staff: One of the young ladies, who registers patients in, was not friendly, but rather blunt. She handed me a patient portal form for me to register. I declined to sign up and to take the form, but she was very blunt as she said, "...Then, you can do whatever you want with that form I gave you" in an argumentative tone. This not only happened to me but to returning patients as well...as she *insists* on them filling out a demographic update form.
2. Waiting time: I came in about 15 minutes before my appointment time to fill out new patient form and such. But I waited almost an hour before having my name called by a technician. I understand that this is a solo practice and Dr. Huang sees many patients, but being a new patient and having to wait for this amount of time seems insensitive and rather unwelcoming. To add on, when I asked the same front desk lady about this, all she said was, "someone will take you in a moment" and went back to looking at her phone...at least you could pretend to go back and ask the technicians...
3. Technicians: The male technician that brought me back to the room was very nice. He apologized for the long wait time and he took time to listen to me while making an eye contact (this is so rare nowadays, especially every practice uses electronic system to chart notes). I did not feel rushed at all. He explained the routine examinations thoroughly, very informative in fact. I wish him the best of luck to his medical school application...and his bedside manner is excellent -- better than Dr. Huang's.
4. Dr. Huang: I kid you not...I waited 1.5 hours to see the doctor and all he spent time with me was less than 7 minutes. He briefly checked out my eyes using some scope under 1 minute and talked over me while expressing my reason for the visit. In fact, he spent more time recommending and convincing me to get these "screening tests" for glaucoma and macular degeneration because insurance will not cover screening related tests - almost $300 for all these. I agreed to those tests as I'm in my late 40s, but him really trying to "sell" me these tests was not professional...he also tried to sell me this product Oasis tears because my eyes are "dried". I really expected to him spend more time with me...after all, we are the patients and we pick who we want to see -- rushing my visit was not a smart move on his part, as I will not return to him.
4. Tests: First of all, his runs patients through these tests like an assembly line. a blonde technician, I think her name was Brandy, helped me out with these tests. She was very bossy when giving instructions, not only to me but also to all patients she took care of. I had a few eye images taken by this Optos machine, but the tech was not helpful in how to guide my head to the machine. In fact, these are exact words she used when she was having difficult time taking the images, "...You are not following my instructions Sir...". Oh, and I felt very rushed and didn't even get a chance to ask what these tests were exactly for. She just said, "it's for glaucoma". Very vague.
5. Check out: This pink haired lady helped me out to process co-pays and billing stuff. She was nice, but there was also a bit of line to check out as well. I really just wanted to leave at that point and give them a call later to process the payment.
I have been a patient for over two years. Have had two cataracts removed and crystalens implanted in each eye. I am very satisfied with Dr, Huang. He is one of the best eye doctors in our area. He listens, answers all of my questions and his staff is very good. I would recommend this doctor highly.
Wellness.com does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment nor do we verify or endorse any specific business or professional
listed on the site. Wellness.com does not verify the accuracy or efficacy of user generated content, reviews, ratings or any published