It is estimated that women spend over three billion dollars a year in search of a cellulite cure. These so called anti-cellulite products have a cost which range from a few dollars to surgical procedures which can cost thousands of dollars and yield no results.
As a physician who has been treating cellulite for over eight years I have seen many scams for the treatment of cellulite. Below is what I consider the top 10 cellulite scams:
1. Liposuction: This is the most common and misleading scam used by physicians who perform this procedure. Liposuction has never been indicated for cellulite, it can and will worsen the appearance of cellulite. Unethical Plastic Surgeons lead desperate women to believe Liposuction is the cure. Paul Lorenc, MD author of, A Little Work: Behind the Doors of a Park Avenue Plastic Surgeon clearly states if a Plastic Surgeon suggests Liposuction for cellulite run out the door without looking back.
2. Manual Massage: There are massage therapist who recommend massage for cellulite. If this worked, there would be no need for any innovation to treat cellulite as massage therapists would the masters of cellulite.
3. Anti Cellulite Sneakers: Anti cellulite sneakers have what is know as a "rocker-bottom sole" which allows the foot to roll while walking. There are many senior citizens who wear these soles for decades to alleviate foot pain and facilitate walking. I have yet to see a senior who has worn these shoes free of cellulite.
4. Anti Cellulite Clothing: This is not treatment. There is no such thing as anti cellulite clothing once you have cellulite. Panty hoses and uniform compression thigh garments will help prevent cellulite, but not cure cellulite.
5. Creams & Lotions: There are many of these products on the market for cellulite. The active ingredient in many of these products contains caffeine and niacin. These two products can produce a redness and tingling giving the user a sense that the product is working.
6. Nivea Cellulite Cream: Last summer we were introduced to Nivea's anti cellulite cream by teenage girls frolicking around a water fountain as though they were in nirvana. The active ingredient in this product is L-carnitine, the most abundant amino acid in the body. It does not break down fat. L-Carnitine is available in any health food store.
7. Body Wraps: Wraps tend to dehydrate the skin and within a few hours the skin and the underlying tissue is rehydrated and before you know it the thigh girth and cellulite returns.
8. Tanning: This is on the verge or ridiculous to bogus, yet so called experts recommend tanning as a means to get rid of cellulite.
9. No Needle Mesotherapy: This is truly an oxymoron, since one cannot perform Mesotherapy without injections. This procedure utilizes a technology known as iontophoresis which was used in physical therapy with very little success. It is now essentially repackaged with a new name for cellulite.
10. Aromatherapy: Another ridiculous claim! You cannot sniff your way to perfect legs.
If you have cellulite, it is important to spend time researching the products, procedures and the qualifications of the experts. Dermatologist and Plastic Surgeon are not experts in cellulite, so don't seek help based on their recommendations. You need to do your own research to find the best treatment for your legs.
Dr. Lionel Bissoon Author, The Cellulite Cure www.cellulite.md www.cellulitecure.com
Pioneering the use of Mesotherapy in the U.S. to combat cellulite, Dr. Lionel Bissoon has helped thousands of women experience cellulite-free legs and buttocks. Complete with case studies, before-and-after photos and straightforward advice, his new book, "The Cellulite Cure" offers hope to cottage cheese thighs... View Full Profile
Ok, ladies, if you're not into the idea of using Viagra, then this is the ONLY thing that will work. It worked for me, and it's exactly what Dr. Bissoon said, a cream will not do it, there is a specific fitness routine that can rid you of cellulite forever! Here is the link to the site (I saw this woman on Oprah, wow, what an amazing story!):
This works. I promise.
There are a lot of methods to combat Cellulite Scams, so there is a specific method Doctoers are recommending that is the use of Generic Viagra in little doses, according to them it will be perfect to regenerate cells.
Wellness.com does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment nor do we verify or endorse any specific business or professional
listed on the site. Wellness.com does not verify the accuracy or efficacy of user generated content, reviews, ratings or any published